Love - the Adam Lanza part


This may seem like a crazy title in regards to what happened today but if you’ll just permit me a few lines I think you’ll agree.  

I’ve been thinking about love for a long time now and was going to post a different kind of comment today but in light of this young person, Adam, I feel it’s more appropriate to adapt my thoughts. 

This world is just one big love story and Adam plays a part in it.   What that part is exactly I do not know.  For I, as you, feel confused and saddened from today’s tragic event.  My heart goes out to all those children, to their mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, and all the people who are angry and confused and don’t know what to do with these feelings.  Certainly a ban on automatic weapons feels like a step in the right direction, but we know in our hearts it’s not the automatic weapons.  It’s adam and the role he plays in this love story. 


It’s a beautiful name isn’t it?  Adam.  From Adam and Eve, the beginning of awareness of one another.  Of vulnerability.

So why did he do it?  We would have to understand adam’s mind.  We would have to understand his life.  We would have to live his life.  I’m no expert on adam’s life but I’m willing to bet there was a great deal of pain associated with living it. 

Adam’s pain is probably like many others out there and my heart goes out to them as well.  I can’t imagine what it would be like to live in darkness all the time.  No love, no life.  How can we live without feeling love, without giving love?  What is life’s purpose if not to love?  

Adam reminded me today, or rather he shook me awake, as to the reality of things right now, and that is we are all looking for love, looking for ways to express our vulnerability.  Some of us are wandering in the darkness, looking for light but finding none. 

I’m very sad for Adam and those he hurt, but he is a reminder that those that can must do something, no matter how small, to bring just a little more light into this world so next time adam can find it.  

1 comment:

  1. Weeping on the other side of the world...
    "..be a guiding light unto the feet of the erring.." love you mom

    ReplyDelete