I am because of you


Dear Dad,


It’s been 12 years since you started traveling the worlds beyond,

What have you seen? Where have you gone?


9/14/82 “This my first entry to record a father’s impression of his adored son. You have filled (really!!) my life with moments of unequalled pleasure and wonderment. Imagine! A little soul developing before my eyes. A miracle, truly.”


I'm still a little soul developing before your eyes,

Only now with a slight change in size


11/4/82 “…you cry most mournfully when not properly attended to before sleep time. It will not be the last time within your childhood that you will become the treasured instrument for the subtle education of your parents in the ever needful field of patience.”


What a beautiful way of sharing your life,

a praise within advice, and recognizing the growth in strife


8/2/83 “But one thing that moves me more than anything else is the love you show to mother and me. A smile, a hug, kisses and kisses, a soft brown-eyed look to melt the heart. This is my treasure. This makes me rich beyond compare.”


Although years have past since our last meeting,

Your words feel like a recent greeting,

A reminder that our time together is anything but fleeting


And this shell to the material world is thin

And when it cracks I will walk in

To see your face wearing my favorite dad grin…


Much love,

Your son

No comments:

Post a Comment