Dreams

I tend to dream a lot.  And my moods will be heavily influenced by them.  I've spoken to people through dreams, I've spoken different languages, flew, confronted my challenges in various forms, and so many things.  I enjoy going to sleep wondering what the next dream might be.  They constantly surprise me.  Or perhaps I am surprising myself?  Where do they all come from? And why do some people dream and remember them and some people believe they don't dream because they can't remember anything? It's strange.

Anyway, I had a dream last night, a symbolic dream, so I'll share it with you.  Of course you really have to be in the dream to understand but I'll try.



(the picture has very little to do with the dream)
I was floating in a clear lake with a fishing pole in my hand.  My dad was floating beside me.  My brothers were floating near by too.  We were all floating and fishing with worms.  We weren't catching anything or rather there were no fish to catch because we could see down to the bottom and there were just rocks down there.  All of a sudden a huge fish breaks the surface, it must have weighed over 20lbs,  and looked like some kind of large mouth bass.  We all were super excited and started casting our lines next to it.  The fish wasn't scared at all from our excitement and just lazily swam around along the bottom passing our fishing lines as if they were of little consequence.  I finally put my hook right near its mouth and the huge fish chomped down and I pulled to try to snag it with the hook.  Unfortunately the fish just spat out my hook.  My dad and brothers were really excited when it swallowed my hook and then really disappointed when it spat it out.  They were like, "aww man, come on, why did you pull so hard", etc etc, but I was busy trying to catch it again so paid them little attention.  Then the next thing happened in an instant and left all of us with our mouths open, stunned in awe.

What happened was, the big fish continued to lazily swim on the bottom after I missed it when a guy with snorkel gear quickly dived down, grabbed the big fish, wrapped it in a roped, strapped it on his back, and swam off.  I think just before he did that I had a similar thought like, "this fish is so slow I could just grab him." But in an instant the fish was gone.

And I woke up.

So, what do you think?

2 comments:

  1. There is a prayer Baha'u'llah revealed to say when you have disturbing dreams or to say after any dream...do you have it? I have it written down in my prayer book - remind me to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete